Thursday, January 16, 2014

9 Months Ago...

... Just days before receiving my passing test results, my husband and I found out we were expecting our first baby!  I guess you could say that was the best 2 weeks of good news ever.  

Now, just 10 days away from my due date, I'm anticipating a wave of interior designers preparing to take the Spring Practicum with fresh questions and comments on my posts. Can you believe in 6 months, each of you will be finding out your passing test results!?!?
37 weeks (I'm almost 39 today!) 

{ Don't Worry, I'm Not Leaving }

I want you to know that I will do my very best to keep up with my comments, explanations, responses, and tips while juggling two curious kitties and a newborn baby.  Please do not hesitate to comment - you will not be a bother at all.  I'm just so happy you're still able to benefit from this blog.  I still have my heavy handy binder chock full o' information and will be happy to take a peek for ya.  I'm often exercising my fancy "licensed" knowledge at work so keeping refreshed is important to me. 

{ Baby Feet Therapy }

I'm also open to sharing a cute baby picture or two to give you a smile between melt-downs, stress, and endless drafting (who am I kidding? I'll be the one needing a smile between meltdowns!).  Who doesn't love a photo of a chubby baby foot? Also, any excuse to use my new camera aside from interiors - I'm on it!  

Now, if only there were a blog called "The Newborn Diaries" for me to follow... 

Good luck!  I'll be thinking of you! 

Excitedly,
Carolyn


3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU Carolyn! and CONGRATS!! Being a mother is the best thing in the world! I have a 15 month old daughter. Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? I passed the Practicum and the IDFX, but need to retake the IDPX this spring. I'll be checking in on your blog and can't wait for the baby pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn, although I just found your blog last week, I've already benefit from your experience/advice/tips, as I just took a practical session organized by my local Interior Designer association. I only finished 3 exercises out of the 7, but it was a valuable experience. Thank you for sharing your study journey and your life excitement with the public. Being a mother of two (age 3 and 5), I totally understand how joyful you are. Congratulations and all the best!
    One small comment I would like to make is the font of your "Comment" part. It's hard for me to read either people's or your comment with that light grey and thin fonts. Could you change it to a regular font? Thanks.
    Shan from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! He is such a sweetheart. Ok, so the comments have been bothering me since I started this blog, but I have not been able to figure out how to make it bigger or darker (since it's limited to the template!) and I believe if I change the comment font style, it changes the style in my titles.. Bummer. I will look into it because it really is hard to read!!

      Delete