Friday, March 1, 2013

Systems Integration: How I Did!

PASS! 

Yeah, man! Ok, so this being my "easy-breezy" section, I would have cried for days if I didn't succeed. Want to hear a confession? I was afraid to take this section because I forgot they provide the numbered conflicts. I was all like "Wahhh.. I have to search and what if I don't find all of the conflicts?" Eh, it's only my second go-round. Easy mistake. 

Then I'm all taping down the two sheets of vellum like, "Wow, I've got to get over this test anxiety thing. Stat.And little by little, I think I'm doing just that. ;)

So, here goes!

What I did:

84" mounting heights in my table - all the same - not trying to be fancy.. just correct!*
See reasoning in this post.

After checking against the provided solutions, I listed all conflicts and provided sound solutions. I also drew everything on the plan. Room for improvement:
  • I used "right, left, up, and down" for my relocation words. I don't think I would have been marked down, but "north, south, east, and west" are more appropriate.
  • I didn't look at my section because it was under my "Notes" table. But I missed a supply duct conflicting with a ceiling height change. I could have also referred to the noted ceiling heights on the plan, itself. 
  • Duct heights are noted in the "Duct Sizing Chart". I only had 8" for a 10" duct. Oops! It's easy to get caught up in the 2D-ness of the plan, but I need to think vertically.
{ TIPS }
  • Speaking of thinking vertically, it is acceptable to suggest a ceiling height change.
  • Refer to your test booklet for what can and cannot be moved... chances are you have your own test booklet, so I'm going to forgo reiterating those guidelines here.
  • Don't forget to draw in the 2x2 AHU Access panel where directed! Such a simple requirement and so sad if you forget it! 
  • Thermostats cannot go on windows or window mullions. The reading will be inaccurate and it's difficult to tie in the thermostat with the system unless it's on a GWB wall. It's also difficult to mount to anything, but, er - a wall...
  • Shift small or easily moved items before suggesting that a ceiling feature such as a recessed cove be re-sized or relocated.
  • Look for sprinkler heads and recessed downlight conflicts, 2x2 fluorescent lights and register conflicts, ceiling height change and duct conflicts, and thermostat placement.
Integration station! 

Stay positive,
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. This is a good article & good site.Thank you for sharing this article. It is help us following categorize:
    internet strategy, Delivering high-quality service for your business applications,
    Solutions for all Industries,
    Getting your applications talking is the key to better business processes,
    Rapid web services solutions for real business problems,
    Understanding Your Data is the Key to Good Decision-Making,
    Web-based Corporate Document Management System,
    Outsourcing Solution,
    Financial and Operations Business Intelligence Solution,

    prologic-corp

    ReplyDelete