Monday, March 18, 2013

Day-of Drafting Supplies: My Picks

Below are my picks for drafting supplies. I ordered drafting dots as I mentioned back in this forlorn post. I also ordered a larger triangle and a portable drafting table. I plan on using it even if there are drafting tables, dammit. Ohhh, now I'm cussin'! Eh, what's test prep without some profanity?

Ok, keepin' it fresh. Moving on...


{ My Picks }



(Clockwise from top LEFT)
  1. An old Steelcase template which I use for (simple chairs). I actually use the ends of the boat-shaped conference room tables as chairs and sketch in arms. I also use the rectangles for racks and equipment if they're scaled properly.
  2. French curve for lighting diagrams and door swings. Ooo la la. 
  3. A timepiece.
  4. A circle template for 1/8" and 1/4" turning circles, meeting and side tables, and also door swings.
  5. Large architectural scale.
  6. Small orange architectural scale (less loud when I fumble and drop it on the table during the test).
  7. Various hi-lighters: Blue for hi-lighting key points and requirements as I read, yellow for accomplishing them as I go. If I'm feeling colorful, I'll use a few of my Zazzles to designate "electrical" (orange), "plumbing" (aqua), and "accessibility" (red). Ok, so I'm going to bring my pack of Zazzles. Not Sheldon's cat from Big Bang Theory...Yeah, I went there.
  8. Blue Sharpie (Because I would love to use it on my Life Safety exercise to better see my symbols against the black+white, but I'm confirming with NCIDQ if this is allowed.. if it's not, I'll obviously live).
  9. Thick and thin black sharpies for walls, furniture, etc. I do not like using pencil because it smears a lot. The last thing I need to do is waste time re-drawing and erasing smudges. See item #11.
  10. Colored sharpies for adjacency depiction on bubble diagrams. Red = primary, orange = secondary, yellow = plumbing trench.
  11. White-out tape. It's like it never happened.
  12. Pencils. I like mechanical. Make sure they have lead!
  13. Eraser. I don't like the pink erasers on #12. 
  14. Triangle (mini). Add in: large triangle.
  15. Roll of trace. I can't see through yellow, so I like white. 
  16. Drafting tape. Just kidding. I'm bringin' dots. This is just a place-holder.
  17. Calculator. Just kidding. I'm not bringin' this one. It makes beeping noises. But I will bring one. 
  18. Not pictured: Portable Drafting Table. I don't like working super elevated, so I'm using this one (plus, it's half the price as the multiple-height adjustable one!): 23x31 Martin Drafting Table
Happy Drafting,
Carolyn



No comments:

Post a Comment