Tuesday, February 5, 2013

You Get What You Pay For..

$250 and 24 hours later, my practice tests are on my desk! I was a little irked by the $18 shipping cost - the least costly option - but they did arrive mega-fast. I mean, I don't think I could have driven to DC and back between yesterday and today...$18 well-spent, right? And certainly $225+ well-spent.

As posted in my disclaimer, I will not be sharing photos of the test problems themselves, but here's a shot of them happily wrapped up and shiny on my desk (beside an 8pm cup of the strongest coffee I've brewed to date). 


The loot:

- The 2012 PDP Bundle (Practice Test and Solution Booklet) on sale NOW for $100*
- The 2010 PDP Bundle (Practice Test and online access solutions) $125*

*See NCIDQ's website listed in my links for access to the Q Shop and possible (booo) price changes.

Last year I used the Fall 2011 Practice test and took the Spring 2012 Test so those bundles were off-limits. It only took me a solid 20 minutes to figure out which seasons/years I could use. 

I am not sure yet if I prefer the online access or the booklet for the solutions. They both provide a "Passed with Flying Colors," a "Passed by the skin on their chinny chin chin," and a "Failed" solution for each section. I peeked inside the book and they. are. tiny. plans. Holy magnifying glass.  

Pros - Booklet, you can keep forever and ever (no selling or sharing!!). Online - ability to zoom!
Cons - Booklet was written for ants. Online solutions expire after 104 days (in the event of failure, you'll wish you had these to study from, even though you already saw 'em). 

I recommend buying at least one practice exam. I also recommend buying at least two. One (last year) was not enough. Zero would really, really not be enough. I will be breaking into one of them this weekend. (I have some preparing to do in the meantime). 

Time to brush up on something I do often, but still need to practice ... hand drafting

Photo: mcmportfolio.com
Check back for:

Prep-Prep: Week 1


My Prep Plan: Week 2 - April 5 (However many weeks that is)

Love and Exit Signs,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment