Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sim Day Results: Life Safety

Grade: PASS

How I felt during: Strong, efficient, and thorough



{ How I did }


Door/Frame/Hardware Schedule 
(26/28 Selections Correct)

  • Got my door heights right this time! All 7'-0"
  • Used HM (Hollow Metal) for a storage room door, and SCW (Solid Core Wood) for all others
  • Kept it consistent: AL (Aluminum) frames for all
    • Kept it consistent: Same door type for all single doors, with the exception of one double door (no visibility requirements)
  • Rated all doors requiring it to 20 minutes (not one hour!)
  • I selected 2 of 4 locksets incorrectly. Bummer. Well, really - who knows if they could be right? The solutions are not helpful. I'd love to learn this!!
    • (X) One was for a rated storage room (TIP: greater than 100 SF must be rated) requiring controlled access. I selected a Lever Passage Set with Maglock and Card Reader. Correct: Lever Passage Set with Maglock, Closer, and Card Reader. TIP: Rated doors (like this one) require a closer. 
    • (X) For a rated assembly space, I specified: Lever Passage Set with Closer. Correct: Lockset with Panic Bar and Closer.**
      • **Still not sure why a panic bar is required in a training room. Panic bars are typically required on exits from a tenant space, doors to stairways, and exits from stairways/buildings. Anyone know for sure?
Partition Schedule 
(14/15 Selections Correct)
  • (X) I got everything right except a Conference Room wall with acoustical properties needed to extend to the deck not 4" above finished ceiling; TIP: Acoustical = to deck. 
Plan
  • (X) Missed an Exit sign
  • (X) Drew arrows on an exit sign in the wrong direction
I will be featuring a post this week titled "Hardware: Rules of Thumb." I'm determined to get this right!!!

Luck with locks,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment