Saturday, March 16, 2013

Why I Moved My Test Simulation Day

My simulation test day was supposed to be today. After taking my Space Planning exercise yesterday (sour, sour procrastination... bad, bad fear... oh, and working late this week when I was planning on an after-work 7-10pm Space Planning test post-wedding-weekend), I was exhausted. I realized I would be exhausted for certain after the Test Simulation day. That meant that I wouldn't even want to be in the same room as my testing materials.


Calendar by Terrain

Not wanting to waste a valuable weekend day due to burn-out, I decided to move my test sim to Sunday (tomorrow). That way, I don't have to think about or look at the test on Monday since I'll be at work! Genius! Looking at it Monday night will allow me to get something out of this practice exam with a steady pace. I must remember, I have 21 days left! While this could be perceived as excuses and procrastination, I look at it as better time management. I'm deciding to do what's best for me. Can I do this on April 6th? No. And I know that. Can I move my Test Sim any further into the future. No way!!

The only thing that will differ on actual test day is this:
  • 8:00 - 8:30 AM: Proctor reads directions*, **
  • 8:30 - 12:30 PM:  Part A
  • 12:30 - 1:30 PM: Lunch Break
  • 1:30 - 2:00 PM: Directions*, **
  • 2:00 - 6:00 PM: Part B, Part C
* Shhh. Sometimes, if the proctor has clearly read the directions (they're routine, but necessary) in only 10-15 minutes, he or she will get you started early. Also, if everyone is back from lunch by 1:15, he or she will make sure every candidate is seated and ready and start early. But every candidate must be there and willing to start! Normally, we just want it to be over! 

** Listen while they're giving directions. Very important. I'm not kidding!
  • I'll be starting at 8 AM and finishing Part A at 12
  • 12:00 - 1:00 PM break
  • 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Part B, Part C
I will then spend the rest of the night eating Rita's water ice and watching re-runs of 30 Rock if I'm feeling happy or Gilmore Girls if I need my mama. Probably the latter with my track record.


{ Things I accomplished today }
  • Organized my test supplies (tools, trace, etc.)
  • Ordered my drafting board, dots, and fresh pens
  • Checked my space planning exercise (so happy I was able to do this! It would have been a waste of a pre-simday learning opportunity if I had not)
  • Posted my results here!
  • Organized my testing materials (test, test solutions, blog print-outs, etc.)
  • Relieved some test-taking angst by identifying bad and good in this post...
Over and out,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment